Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan (Part I)


I read this series (or what then constituted it) several years ago, and I must say, the first five books were much better than the second five. Somehow, I doubt that has magically changed since the late 90's, yet I haven't read the 11th or 12th (I guess I have to wait till that one comes out) and I have high hopes for the last few books. Something has to happen in those ones or the series won't really be over by number 14. I just finished the first five again, which are, in my opinion, some of the best in their genre. If the last four are as good, they might even make up for having to read the middle five.
Yikes...

Well, despite the length and thus the ridiculous waste of time (as it may be argued and I half way agree), I still heartily recommend the series as a delicious--if large and unhealthy--literary dessert. It is, after all, one of the best selling series ever of any genre.

Genre: Fiction/Epic Fantasy

No comments: