Monday, August 10, 2009

David Copperfield - Dickens


Here's one of Katie's recent finishes:

"I finally finished something. I read all 830 pages of David Copperfield. The first 200 were tough, the second 400 were painful, and the final 230 made everything worth it. I especially appreciated the themes on marriage and relationships. Reading David Copperfield was uplifting. I want to be a better wife, a more focused worker, a gentler judge of others who may seem below me in any way, and less hypocritical, self righteous, and vindictive. Even though I complained my way through the first two thirds, David Copperfield is one of the most worthwhile books I have ever read. I will be haunted by David, Traddles, Mr. Peggoty, Uriah Heep, Mr. Dick, Dora, and Agnes for the rest of my life. I will certainly be reading this book again. Here's hoping I turn out to be like Agnes someday."

Genre: Fiction/Victorian Lit

1 comment:

Lisa Schenk said...

I can't say that I'll join you in reading all of theses books that you review and recommend. But it's good to know that someone, somewhere has an appreciation for good literature and is promoting it. I'm definitely going to let my brother Larry in on this blog. He's an avid reader and would likely enjoy your recommendations. Glad you're on the web!